As we celebrate this Juneteenth, we recognize that we need to focus on making significant and lasting improvements in our society. We commit to listening, learning, discussing and standing up for what is right.
To promote continuous growth and to reflect on this meaningful day, we’re sharing resources our Firespring family has found useful. What are the resources you’d add to the list?
- The history of Juneteenth
- What Juneteenth means in 2020
- Why Juneteenth is more important now than ever
- A reading list on race for Allies who want to do better
- National resource and education tool
- Opportunities for white people in the fight for racial injustice
- Talking to young children about race and racism
- These movies, shows and documentaries about race should be required by viewing
- Uncomfortable conversations with a Black Man pt. 1
- We need to talk about an injustice